Friday, July 17, 2009

NINJA

Continuing with my year of music I’ve just been to another gig. Considering I said I wouldn’t go to a music festival this year and so I didn’t really think I would see a lot of live stuff this year, my total so far is pretty amazing.
First up was a trip to see Placebo and their support at the Roundhouse. I got the tickets in the iTunes free festival draw and Placebo where great. Notable songs included Infrared and the brilliant Meds.

Next up the big event of the week was the NINJA gig at the 02. Ninja is nine inch nails and Janes addiction. After a few beers and a really rubbish queuing system which made us late for Janes addiction we got to our seats. Seats which I have to say were great just off to the side of the stage at about eye level with the band. The end of the Janes set was good and then came the huge power of volume of a great NIN set. Lots of shouting and jumping up and down from yours truly, I was knackered and a little hoarse by the time they finished with the song Hurt. As an extra treat there was a surprise guest appearance by Gary Numan (a hero of Trent’s), who came on to do a couple of songs including an amazing versions of Cars. All in all it made for a Wow evening.

No comments: