Friday, April 20, 2007

Insurance final payment

another £959.15 which is a bit closer to what I figured was right

So I got some more money for the Insurance company but in the accompanying letter they said that the calculation for me was correct and that Jason's was wrong. That would make it so that most of the money would have been in the 150 pounds limit and so I would have got next to nothing, making the policy completely unsuitable for the trip. They couldn't really ask Jason for some of the money back so in stead the paid me using the same calculations. so we differ in our payments only due to the cost of the medical bills.

I think the insurance company was completely wrong to promote this policy as suitable for any kind for trip where injury is a possibility. The only thing is had going for it in the end was if the trip got cancelled for any reason, then I would have got a full refund.

I guess that this latest amount is the best I'm going to get out of them without recourse to the law and all I can really do now is make sure no one else has to have this problem.

So I'm going to write Alan at Crystal with the results and suggest to him that they really should not use towergate chase parkinson in future or at least use that policy for that trip.

No comments: